Sunday, April 09, 2006

Lawat and Zina

Dear Don

I thought I should do a post especially for you, since you’ve taken the trouble to write to me.

Now, dear boy, at the risk of sticking my nose in where it isn’t wanted, I thought I’d point you towards some lectures on ‘zina’ (or ‘fornication’ – not the warrior princess) from some eminent Muslim scholars of the Sharia.

Indeed, Dr Qaradawi himself says:

“What Islam prohibits in the sphere of sex includes looking at a member of the opposite sex with desire; for the eye is the key to the feelings, and the look is a messenger of desire, carrying the message of fornication or adultery.”

Now, Don, you may wonder why I’m telling you all this. Well, let me rephrase that – other readers may wonder why I’m telling you this, because I’m sure you know perfectly well that you’ve been a very naughty boy.

What smutty thoughts were going through your brain when you posted this here:

Hi Girls Im a 25 year old asian male seeking no strings fun with chicks of any age/race but must be goodlooking lol so photo a must, mine available on request. Im pretty openminded and funloving so email me direct and see what happens! DON5383@HOTMAIL.COM

Well girls, don’t delay, because Don is quite anxious to have a few sexy romps for fun. So much so, that he’s spread his virtual wild oats here too:

I'm a 25 year old asian male from Birmingham, while not really interested in witchcraft, I do think witches are seriously sexy! Anyway if there are any witches out there looking for a hot young guy, then I'm your man! I'm very openminded and discrete, so get in contact, nothing shocks me! I have a photo so you have nothing to lose. Email me direct on: DON5383@HOTMAIL.COM

Witches, eh, Don? Kinky! Come on girls – pleasure him with your broomsticks! But wait, ooh! Don’s been spilling his cyber seed on some more rocky ground

Hi Ladies, Im a 25 year old asian male living in bham, uk. Im really fascinated by k9 and want to meet a likeminded female. I have a photo, im openminded and discrete, and overall a nice guy! So ladies dont be shy email me direct at: DON5383@HOTMAIL.COMWoof Woof!

Woof, woof, indeed Don! And that website – ‘Pet Lovers’ – what’s that about, you fox!

And what’s ‘K9’ (can anyone enlighten me?)

Ah, but it’s not all fun and games. Do you know what the penalty for ‘zina’ is, Don? This is scary shit! It’s not fun at all. It’s death.

Now, here’s the thing, Don. While you’re flashing your cock around the Internet, I’m at home enjoying a monogamous and loving relationship with my partner of 8 years. But, I understand, you’re a young guy, you have raging hormones, big tits excite you, yada, yada, yada., wink-wink, nudge-nudge…. And I wish you well in your sexual escapades. Hey, have fun, get your rocks off. I would urge you, of course, both to use proper protection and to respect your sexual partners. But the one thing I won’t do, is wish you harm.

More importantly, I hope no one takes such personal umbrage to your sex life – as you have to mine – and threatens you with torture and death. (and I hope you don’t kiss the witches with that potty-mouth!)

By the way, in for a penny, in for a pound (as they say)… did you know that many Muslim scholars hold that the penalty of lawat (sodomy) and zina (fornication) is the same. So if you’re going to be done for the one, you may as well go the whole hog. (I use hog figuratively here, Don – not like on the ‘Pet Lovers Personals’ site you hang out on).

Yes, the whole hog… since you are so sexually, “open-minded” and “nothing shocks you” (as you put it), why not try a little anal sex? Witches may be magic, but only another hot guy can lend you their wand. (Teehee – now you’ve got me being all naughty too!)

What have you got to lose? You might be surprised. Some may call it sodomy, but we call it fabulous!

Regards

“Scum”

6 Comments:

At 3:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for accuracy's sake, let me point out that the prescribed punishment for zina for an unmarried person is flogging (as stated even in the link you posted). The death penalty would apply only to unmarried adulterers (and for those who frequently misrepresent this, let me point out that this applies equally to men as to women).

However, both of these can only rightly be applied after due process as defined by the Shari'ah (such as the act being properly witnessed: very rare). And as for people living in this country, we have no interest in trying to apply these punishments, as Shari'ah is not the authority here, nor do we even have a recognised Islamic leadership (apart from certain community representation).

Our attitude towards people committing major sins such as fornication, adultery and sodomy, is to advise/admonish them in the light of clear Shari'ah texts and help them reform themselves if they are so willing. Otherwise, we dissociate ourselves with their actions, while still recognising them as Muslims so long as they do not take further steps to violating this covenant (such as declaring their actions "halal").

 
At 5:03 pm, Blogger Brett Lock said...

Thanks for your comments, Rasheed.

But, I have to say, that quibbling about how many witnesses are needed to secure a conviction is missing the point somewhat. The state has no business outlawing what are, after all, affairs of the heart and private matters between consenting adults.

I am well aware that the death penalty for unmarried adulterers applies equally to men and women. Our friend Dan is a man (I think) and is unmarried (I hope*).

* Note: I 'hope' he's married not because I wish him harm under a more severe sentence, but because I'd hate to think he's covorting with witchesa and k9 lovers behind his wife's back.

I should also add that because I'm a universalist when it comes to human rights, I don't care if the barbaric injunctions of Sharia law apply here, elsewhere or on the moon. I am neither comforted no placated that they do not apply to the UK.

 
At 6:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apologies, in my "clarification" I made a type that left things unclear.

The death penalty applies only to MARRIED adulterers, not unmarried fornicators. The latter receive the lesser punishment, i.e. flogging. I suppose that the wisdom in this distinction is that (a) the married person has less excuse, as they have someone with whom to have lawful sex; (b) an adulterer of course hurts his/her spouse by betraying the sacred marriage bond.

I think you made a type too, in that you actually hope that he's NOT married. And so both of us, in wishing this, would also wish for him to have that lesser punishment - not that you agree with the punishment at all!

Brett, I realise very well that we will disagree fundamentally on various things, but I hope that when we discuss things, it can be on a basis of trying to understand the other's point of view properly. This won't be easy, but I think it might turn out fruitful somehow.

For example, while you don't agree with state legislation on "private matters between consenting adults", perhaps you could also understand the philosophy under which the Islamic injuntions operate, which includes the moral protection of the society. Ultimately too, as somebody once put it, "Consenting adults also need God's consent".

 
At 6:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I also seem to have mis-spelled "typo" twice... not a good day for me.

 
At 6:31 pm, Blogger Brett Lock said...

Yes, Rasheed, I'm all for constructive dialogue. Since I don't believe in a god or gods, I'm not likely to concede that consenting adults need anyone elses consent - supernatural or otherwise.

I think people should be encouraged to have stable relationships and I think it is morally wrong to cheat on one's other half - but I think that stoning and flogging is a rather extreme way of achieving this. Morality cannot be achieved through immoral actions.

On the otherhand, monogamy is something that works for me, but I am sure there are other people for whom more free and easy lifestyle works quite well. It is all about the heart getting what the heart wants without hurting other people. If people are happy and no one is getting hurt, then I say, let's leave them to it.

Don, for example, is a young guy. A bit screwed up, obviously, but if he wants to sow his wild oats and he finds willing partners, then I'm the last person to want to write him nasty letters or judge him.

On the married vs non-married - yes I thought you had it the wrong way round, but I figured, hey, you're the expert. ;-)

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger The Rendezvous said...

Unless you want someone start "kinky" business, there is no where x-rated materials is found in plenty than in my bible..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home